Tuesday 19 August 1913
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Willem Koppejan and Harry Mills.
An Old Man's Love Story, directed by Van Dyke Brooke, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1913
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 19 August 1913
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 August 1913!
Which were the important events of 19 August 1913 ?
- Roman festivals - Vinalia Rustica celebrated in honor of Venus Libitina commemorating the founding of the oldest known temple to her, on the Esquiline Hill, in 293 BC on this date.
- RC saints - Saint Sebald, Saint Louis of Toulouse, Jean-Eudes de MTzeray
- Afghanistan - Afghan Independence Day see above: 1919
- National Day of the Filipino Language, Philippines - Holiday for Quezon City, Quezon Province and other municipalities named after Manuel Quezon
- National Aviation Day, USA
- Willem Koppejan: Dutch astrologer, the author of "Willem Koppejan's Astrological Archives - International and Nederland & Vlaanderen," published in 1996.
- Harry Mills: United States -- Singer (Mills Brothers), dies at 70.
- John Argyris: Greek aeronautical engineer, one of the creators of the Finite Element Method (d. 2004).
- Walter B Jones: (Rep-D-North Carolina, 1966-92).
- Richard Simmons: American actor (d. 2003).
- Peter Kemp: Indian-English soldier and author (d. 1993).
- Alex Romero: American dancer and choreographer who directed Elvis Presley's dancing for the "Jailhouse Rock" and worked with Presley on three other films.