Saturday 17 January 1914
It was Saturday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Theo Lefevre and Anacleto Angelini.
Die Augen des Ole Brandis, directed by Stellan Rye, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1914
while Pollyanna by Eleanor H. Porter was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 January 1914!
Which were the important events of 17 January 1914 ?
- Catholicism - Feast day of the following saints: St. Anthony and Amelbert.
- Ancient Latvia - Zirgu Diena observed
- Theo Lefevre: Belgian politician, an attorney and oppositional leader.
- Anacleto Angelini: Italian-Chilean businessman (d. 2007).
- Irving Brecher: American director producer and screenwriter (d. 2008).
- Paul Royle: Australian lieutenant and pilot (d. 2015).
- William Stafford: American poet and essayist (d. 1993).
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?