Monday 12 March 1917
It was Monday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Googie Withers and Tom Normanton.
The Poor Little Rich Girl, directed by Maurice Tourneur, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1917
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 12 March 1917
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 12 March 1917!
Which were the important events of 12 March 1917 ?
- Ancient Latvia - Gregoru Diena observed.
- Flag Day in Venezuela.
- "National Day" of the Republic of Jamtland
- Sweden - Namesday of Crown Princess Victoria, an Official Flag Day.
- Mauritius - National Day.
- St. Justina
- St. Jozefina
- Roman Catholic Church - Feast day of: St. Theophanes the Confessor
- Arbor Day in China.
- St. Maximilian
- Googie Withers: Karachi, India -- Actress (1 of Our Aircraft is Missing).
- Tom Normanton: British Member of Parliament.
- Donato Sanita: Italy Military man.
- Millard Kaufman: American author and screenwriter (d. 2009).
- Stalin, Kamenev and Muranov arrive in Saint Petersburg.
- Russian Dumas sets up Provisional Committee; workers set up Soviets.
- The Duma declares a Provisional Government.
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1917 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Yaddie Kaddie Kiddie Kaddie Koo - Van & Schenck
- Hawaii and You - James F. Harrison & James Reed
- What Do You Want to Make Those Eyes at Me For? - Ada Jones & Billy Murray