Monday 12 March 1917
It was Monday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Tom Normanton and Donato Sanita.
A Tale of Two Cities, directed by Frank Lloyd, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1917
while Mr. Britling Sees It Through by H. G. Wells was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 12 March 1917!
Which were the important events of 12 March 1917 ?
- Ancient Latvia - Gregoru Diena observed.
- Flag Day in Venezuela.
- "National Day" of the Republic of Jamtland
- Sweden - Namesday of Crown Princess Victoria, an Official Flag Day.
- Mauritius - National Day.
- St. Justina
- St. Jozefina
- Roman Catholic Church - Feast day of: St. Theophanes the Confessor
- Arbor Day in China.
- St. Maximilian
- Tom Normanton: British Member of Parliament.
- Donato Sanita: Italy Military man.
- Millard Kaufman: American author and screenwriter (d. 2009).
- Googie Withers: Karachi, India -- Actress (1 of Our Aircraft is Missing).
- Stalin, Kamenev and Muranov arrive in Saint Petersburg.
- Russian Dumas sets up Provisional Committee; workers set up Soviets.
- The Duma declares a Provisional Government.
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1917 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Hush-a-Bye Ma Baby (The Missouri Waltz) - Elsie Baker
- Pack Up Your Troubles in Your Old Kit Bag and Smile, Smile, Smile - Victor Military Band
- Rolling Stones (All Come Rolling Home Again) - American Quartet
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?