Tuesday July 17, 1956
US date format: 7/17/1956, UK date format: 17/7/1956
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Cancer (see birth chart on July 17, 1956). The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican), the UK Prime Minister was Sir Anthony Eden (Conservative), Pope Pius XII was leading the Catholic Church.
Famous people born on this day include Bryan Trottier and Julie Bishop (femme politique).
In UK I'll Be Home by Pat Boone was in the top 5 hits.
Run for the Sun, directed by Roy Boulting, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1956
while A Thing Of Beauty by A.J. Cronin was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Man Against Crime.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of July 17, 1956?
- Kyoto, Japan - Gion Matsuri
- Various mathematics departments - Yellow Pig's Day
- South Korea - Constitution Day
- Puerto Rico - Luis Mu�oz Rivera's Birthday
- See more
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 17, 1956?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #5 songs in the UK
- Pat Boone - I'll Be Home
- Teenagers featuring Frankie Lymon - Why Do Fools Fall In Love
- Elvis Presley - Heartbreak Hotel
- Various Artists - All Star Hit Parade (EP)
- The Goons - I'm Walking Backwards For Christmas / Bluebottle Blues
Make this day unforgettable
Which were the most popular TV Series released in those months?
Watch popular movies, TV series and live events, start your 30-day free trial
Days to next July 17If July 17, 1956 is your birthday you're 64 years, 2 months, 7 days old and you'll celebrate your next birthday in 9 months, 23 days.
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks?
Unlimited books on any devices, try your first month free