Tuesday July 17, 1900
US date format: 7/17/1900, UK date format: 17/7/1900
Is this your lucky day? Bet on the figures of this date here
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Cancer (see birth chart on July 17, 1900). The US president was William McKinley (Republican), the UK Prime Minister was Robert Gascoyne-Cecil (Conservative), Pope Leo XIII was leading the Catholic Church.
Famous people born on this day include Marcel Dalio and Raymond Rivoire.
Watermelon Contest, directed by James White, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1900
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of July 17, 1900?
- Kyoto, Japan - Gion Matsuri
- Various mathematics departments - Yellow Pig's Day
- South Korea - Constitution Day
- Puerto Rico - Luis Mu�oz Rivera's Birthday
- See more
- New York Giant Christy Mathewson begins career losing to Brooklyn Superbas