Saturday 13 December 1919
It was Saturday, under the sign of Sagittarius (see planets position on December 13, 1919). The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Dan DeCarlo and Hans-Joachim Marseille.
Captain Kidd's Kids, directed by Hal Roach, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1919
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 13 December 1919
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 December 1919!
Which were the important events of 13 December 1919 ?
- Roman festivals - Tellus was worshipped in the district Carinae at the Esquiline Hill, and a lectisternium or table was spread for Ceres.
- R.C. Saints - memorial of Saint Lucy
- Also see December 13 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- In the Julian calendar before the Gregorian reform, this was the shortest day and longest night, and widely celebrated as such
- In the Irish calendar the Wednesday, Friday and Saturday following the Feast of Saint Lucy were observed as Quarter tense.
- Malta - Republic Day (since 1974)
- St. Lucia's Day in Sweden, Norway, Denmark and Finland.
- Dan DeCarlo: Cartoonist.
- Hans-Joachim Marseille: German Luftwaffe fighter pilot and flying ace during World War II.
- Ross and Smith land in Australia from a flight from London.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1919 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Slide, Kelly, Slide - Wilbur Sweatman's Original Jazz Band
- Poor Little Butterfly is a Fly Gal Now - Belle Baker
- Golden Gate - Charles Hart & Elliot Shaw