Saturday 13 December 1919
It was Saturday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Hans-Joachim Marseille .
Captain Kidd's Kids, directed by Hal Roach, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1919
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 13 December 1919
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 December 1919!
Which were the important events of 13 December 1919 ?
- Roman festivals - Tellus was worshipped in the district Carinae at the Esquiline Hill, and a lectisternium or table was spread for Ceres.
- R.C. Saints - memorial of Saint Lucy
- Also see December 13 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- In the Julian calendar before the Gregorian reform, this was the shortest day and longest night, and widely celebrated as such
- In the Irish calendar the Wednesday, Friday and Saturday following the Feast of Saint Lucy were observed as Quarter tense.
- Malta - Republic Day (since 1974)
- St. Lucia's Day in Sweden, Norway, Denmark and Finland.
- Hans-Joachim Marseille: German Luftwaffe fighter pilot and flying ace during World War II.
- Ross and Smith land in Australia from a flight from London.
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1919 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Slide, Kelly, Slide - Wilbur Sweatman's Original Jazz Band
- Poor Little Butterfly is a Fly Gal Now - Belle Baker
- Golden Gate - Charles Hart & Elliot Shaw