Monday 17 June 1940US date format: 6/17/1940, UK date format: 17/6/1940
It was Monday, under the sign of Gemini (see birth chart on June 17, 1940). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Annick Beauchamps and Marcel Aubour.
Gaslight, directed by Thorold Dickinson, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1940
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 17 June 1940
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Personalized book about You
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 June 1940!
Which were the important events of 17 June 1940 ?
- St. Albert Chmielowski.
- National holiday of West Germany until 1990, see Workers' Uprising of 1953 in East Germany.
- Iceland's national day, celebrating independence from Denmark in 1944.
- Annick Beauchamps: French actress from 1955.
- Marcel Aubour: French international football (soccer)...
- Angelo Rinaldi
- Chuck Rainey
- George Akerlof: American economist and academic Nobel...
- Annik Beauchamps: Cauderan-Bordeaux Journalist.
- Bobby Bell: American pro football player, voted into...
- Tony Marlow: MP (Conservative).
- France asks Germany for terms of surrender in WWII
- General De Gaulle departs Bordeaux for London
- Germany occupiers ration bread in Holland
- USSR occupies Estonia
- World War II: Operation Ariel begins : Allied troops start to evacuate France, following Germany's takeover of Paris and most of the nation.
- The three Baltic states of Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania fall under the occupation of the Soviet Union.