Saturday 17 March 1900, St. Patrick's Day
It was Saturday, under the sign of Pisces (see planets position on March 17, 1900). The US president was William McKinley (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Alfred Newman and Ruth Owens.
Arles: Farandoleurs dans les Arènes, directed by , was one of the most viewed movies released in 1900
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 17 March 1900
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 March 1900!
Which were the important events of 17 March 1900 ?
- Ancient Rome - the second day of the Bacchanalia in honor of Bacchus
- Ancient Rome - the Liberalia in honor of Liber
- St. Agricola
- St. Joseph of Arimathea
- Feast day of St Patrick: a public holiday in Ireland (National feast) and Montserrat, widely celebrated in North America and worldwide (see St. Patrick's Day)
- Ancient Latvia - Kustonu Diena (return of the larks) observed
- Boston, Massachusetts - Evacuation Day
- Alfred Newman: New Haven, Connecticut -- Composer (Love is a Many Splendored Thing).
- Ruth Owens: American professional astrologer in Santa Fe, NM, 1939.
- Manuel Plaza: Chilean runner (d. 1969).
- Stanley Cup: MontrTal Shamrocks sweep Halifax Crescents in 2.