Monday 17 March 1941, St. Patrick's DayUS date format: 3/17/1941, UK date format: 17/3/1941
It was Monday, under the sign of Pisces (see birth chart on March 17, 1941). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democrat).
Famous people born on this day include Paul Kantner and Jeff Sanders.
The Devil and Miss Jones, directed by Sam Wood, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1941
On TV people were watching Tom and Jerry.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 17 March 1941
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Personalized book about You
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 March 1941!
Which were the important events of 17 March 1941 ?
- Ancient Rome - the second day of the Bacchanalia in honor of Bacchus
- Ancient Rome - the Liberalia in honor of Liber
- St. Agricola
- St. Joseph of Arimathea
- Feast day of St Patrick: a public holiday in Ireland (National feast) and Montserrat, widely celebrated in North America and worldwide (see St. Patrick's Day)
- Ancient Latvia - Kustonu Diena (return of the larks) observed
- Boston, Massachusetts - Evacuation Day
- Paul Kantner: American guitarist, singer and...
- Jeff Sanders: American psychologist and professor, ran...
- Clarence Collins: American singer (Imperials - "Tears on...
- Edward Harper: Composer.
- Max Stafford-Clark: English director and academic.
- Wang Jin-pyng: Taiwanese soldier and politician.
- Gene Pitney in Hartford: Connecticut, USA; rock singer ("Town...
- In Washington, D.C., the National Gallery of Art is officially opened by President Franklin D. Roosevelt.