Tuesday 16 November 1926
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Ton de Leeuw and Jean-Claude Arifon.
What Price Glory, directed by Raoul Walsh, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1926
while Sorrell and Son by Warwick Deeping was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 November 1926!
Which were the important events of 16 November 1926 ?
- USA - admission of Oklahoma, 46th state, 1907
- R.C. Saints - Saint Margaret of Scotland ; Gertrude the Great
- Also see November 16 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- International Day for Tolerance
- Iceland - Dagur fslenskrar tungu (Icelandic Language Day)
- Thailand - Loy Krathong festival (2005)
- Ton de Leeuw: Dutch composer.
- Jean-Claude Arifon: French athlete, specializing in the 400m hurdles event.
- Ton Leeuw: Dutch musician and composer who introduced Eastern music into Indonesian forms for orchestral renditions.
- Jean Arifon: France sport Champion.
- New York Rangers' first game, beat Montreal Maroons 1-0.
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1926 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Barcelona - Ben Selvin & His Orchestra
- Lucky Day - George Olsen & His Orchestra
- Baby Face - Ipana Troubadors
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?