Thursday 22 October 1908
It was Thursday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include John Sutton and Helmut Gollwitzer.
The Puppet's Nightmare, directed by Émile Cohl, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1908
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 22 October 1908
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 October 1908!
Which were the important events of 22 October 1908 ?
- Helmut Gollwitzer: German theologist / antifascist.
- John Sutton: Rawalpindi, India -- Actor (Tower of London, Return of Fly).
- Roger Broggie in Massachusetts: USA; mechanical engineer at Walt Disney Company (Santa Fe and Disneyland Railroad, Mark Twain Riverboat, Matterhorn Bobsleds, Monorail, more), named Disney Legend 1990.
- Paul Abrioux: French aviator, a Vichy France flying ace who flew during the Second World War.
- L?on Aubry: Pont ? Mousson EXecutives.
- John Gould: American humorist, essayist, and columnist (d. 2003).
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1908 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Take Me Out to the Ball Game - Haydn Quartet with Harry Macdonough
- Down in Jungle Town - Arthur Collins & Byron Harlan