Wednesday 29 July 1914
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Abram Games and Dovie Hudson.
The Avenging Conscience: or 'Thou Shalt Not Kill', directed by D.W. Griffith, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1914
while The Inside of the Cup by Winston Churchill was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 July 1914!
Which were the important events of 29 July 1914 ?
- Abram Games: Graphic artist.
- Dovie Hudson: Mississippi, United States.
- Marcel Bich: Italian entrepreneur, founder and director of the Bic Company from 1950 to1993, when he passed on the reins to his son Bruno.
- Auguste Gaudin: France Painter.
- Marc Oraison: Ambarés Writer.
- Irwin Corey: American actor and activist
- 1st transcontinental phone link made between NYC and San Francisco
- Austrian-Hungary bombs Belgrade
- British fleet leaves Portland / passes Straits of Dover
- Russia mobilize troops along Austrian boundary
- Russia orders full mobilization.
- In Massachusetts, the new Cape Cod Canal opens it will shorten the trip between New York and Boston by 66 miles, but it also turns Cape Cod into an island.
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1914 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- When the Angelus is Ringing - Peerless Quartet
- In the Valley of the Moon - Elizabeth Spencer & Vernon Archibald
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?