Saturday 18 April 1925
It was Saturday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Lionel Edmund "Sonny" Taylor and Robert Caldwell Crawford.
The Wizard of Oz, directed by Larry Semon, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1925
while Soundings by A. Hamilton Gibbs was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 April 1925!
Which were the important events of 18 April 1925 ?
- Saint Galdino (d. 1176)
- Saint Perfecto (d. 850)
- Saint Agia (Aya) (d. 707)
- Saint Timon
- Saint Ursmarus (d. 713)
- Saint Werner (d. 1287)
- Blessed Idesbald van der Gracht (d. 1167), patron saint of fishermen and Flemish nobility
- Saint Eusebius (d. 526)
- Saint Apollonius (d. 185/6)
- Marie de l'Incarnation (1566 ? 1618)
- The Cheat's Cheatday on homestarrunner.com
- Zimbabwe ? Independence Day.
- Saint Emma
- Iran - Army Day
- Lionel Edmund "Sonny" Taylor: Musician.
- Robert Caldwell Crawford: Composer.
- Bob Hastings in Brooklyn: New York, USA; actor (McHale's Navy, All in the Family).
- Bob Hastings: American actor (d. 2014).
- Marcus Schmuck: Austrian mountaineer and author (d. 2005).
- Charles Ebbets: president of MLB Brooklyn Dodgers baseball team, dies.
- World's fair opens in Chicago, Illinois, USA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1925 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- O! Katharina - Ted Lewis & His Band
- At the End of the Road - Lewis James
- Why Couldn't it be Poor Little Me? - Isham Jones Conducting Ray Miller's Orchestra
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?