Wednesday 14 May 1919
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Maarten Vrolijk and Solange Chaput-Rolland.
Broken Blossoms or The Yellow Man and the Girl, directed by D.W. Griffith, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1919
while Dangerous Days by Mary Roberts Rinehart was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 May 1919!
Which were the important events of 14 May 1919 ?
- St. Carthach the Younger
- DubsDay in Dublin Ireland (14th of May in 2006).
- Mother's Day in various countries (second Sunday of May in 2006).
- Israel - Yom Ha'atzma'ut, or Israeli Independence Day. The observed date of this national holiday is determined by the Jewish Calendar.
- Paraguay - Flag Day.
- St. Maria Dominic Mazzarello
- St. Just
- St. Engelmer
- St. Vincent of Lerins
- St. Victor and Corona
- St. Boniface of Tarsus
- St. Michael Garicoits
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: St. Matthias (Apostle)
- St. Engelmund
- Maarten Vrolijk: Dutch socialist-democrat party minister (CRM 1965-66).
- Solange Chaput-Rolland: French-Canadian journalist and politician (d. 2001).
- John Hope: American soldier and meteorologist (d. 2002).
- Henry J Heinz: German-American businessman, founder of the H. J. Heinz Company (Born 1844).
- Pope Benedictus XV publishes encyclical In hac tanta.
- 45th Preakness: Johnny Loftus aboard Sir Barton wins in 1:53.
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1919 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Marche Francaise - Victor Military Band
- Byron G. Harlan - How Ya Gonna Keep 'Em Down on the Farm (After They've Seen Paree)
- Sometime - Joseph C. Smith's Orchestra
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?