Friday 21 February 1947
It was Friday, under the sign of Pisces (see planets position on February 21, 1947). The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Yves Boivineau and Simon Coombs.
Pursued, directed by Raoul Walsh, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1947
On TV people were watching Muffin the Mule.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 21 February 1947
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 February 1947!
Which were the important events of 21 February 1947 ?
- Saint Pepin of Landen
- Language Martyrs' Day - A day celebrated by Bengali speaking people for gaining right of mother tongue.
- Catholicism - Feast day of Saint Peter Damiani.
- Saint Randoald
- International Mother Language Day (UNESCO).
- Yves Boivineau: French Catholic priest, who served as Bishop of Annecy.
- Simon Coombs: British politician and Member of Parliament who returned at General Election 6/11/1987.
- Daniel Fabre
- Olympia Snowe: American politician.
- Lidia Bastianich: Chef.
- Victor Sokolov: Russian dissident journalist and priest (Born 1947).
- Olympia J Snowe American politician (Representative-Republican-Maine: 1979-).
- Johnny Echols: American singer-songwriter and guitarist (Love).
- 1st broadcast of 1st US TV soap opera A Woman to Remember
- 1st instant developing camera demonstrated in NYC, by E H Land
- First instant developing camera demonstrated in New York City, by E H Land.
- Whipper Billy Watson beats Bill Longson, to become wrestling champion.
- In New York City, Edwin Land demonstrates the first ''instant camera'', the Polaroid Land Camera, to a meeting of the Optical Society of America.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1947 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Anniversary Song - Tex Beneke & The Glenn Miller Orchestra
- Anniversary Song - Guy Lombardo & His Royal Canadians