Monday 18 July 1955
It was Monday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Teresa Ann Savoy and Vitali Viktorovich Savitsky.
In that special week of July people in US were listening to (We're Gonna) Rock Around The Clock by Bill Haley and His Comets.
In UK Unchained Melody by Jimmy Young was in the top 5 hits.
The Kentuckian, directed by Burt Lancaster, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1955
while Something Of Value by Robert Ruark was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Those Whiting Girls.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 July 1955!
Which were the important events of 18 July 1955 ?
- Uruguay - Constitution Day
- Teresa Ann Savoy: London, England -- Actress (Caligula).
- Vitali Viktorovich Savitsky: Biologist / politician.
- Terry Chambers: English drummer (XTC and Dragon).
- Bernd Fasching: Austrian painter and sculptor.
- 1st electric power generated from atomic energy sold commercially
- 280 mm rain in Martinstown, Dorset (UK-record)
- Disneyland opens to the public, with general admission costing US$1. Cost of the twenty attractions range from 10c to 35c.
- The first Disneyland theme park, in Anaheim, California, officially opens to the public.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 18 July 1955
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1955 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?