Wednesday 18 September 1957
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Virgo (see planets position on September 18, 1957). The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Emily Remler .
In that special week of September people in US were listening to Tammy by Debbie Reynolds.
In UK Diana by Paul Anka was in the top 5 hits.
The Bridge on the River Kwai, directed by David Lean, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1957
while Rascals In Paradise by James A. Michener and Grove Day was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Real McCoys.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 18 September 1957
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 September 1957!
Which were the important events of 18 September 1957 ?
- Also see September 18 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Chile - Independence Day (first junta 1810)
- RC Saints - Feast day of St Joseph of Cupertino and Methodius of Olympus
- In ancient Greece, the fifth day of the Eleusinian Mysteries.
- Emily Remler: American Jazz Guitarist (Born1957).
- Wagon Train premieres
- Electric train joining in Amsterdam-Brussels
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1957 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Debbie Reynolds - Tammy
- Paul Anka - Diana
- The Crickets - That'll Be The Day
- Jerry Lee Lewis - Whole Lot Of Shakin' Going On
- Elvis Presley - (Let Me Be Your) Teddy Bear
- Jimmie Rodgers - Honeycomb
- Russ Hamilton - Rainbow
- The Bobbettes - Mr. Lee
- The Everly Brothers - Bye Bye Love
- The Coasters - Searchin'
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?