Wednesday September 18, 1918
US date format: 9/18/1918, UK date format: 18/9/1918
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Virgo (see birth chart on September 18, 1918). The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democrat), the UK Prime Minister was David Lloyd George (Liberal), Pope Benedict XV was leading the Catholic Church.
Famous people born on this day include Berit Brænne and Johnny Mantz.
Huns and Hyphens, directed by Larry Semon, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1918
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of September 18, 1918?
- Also see September 18 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Chile - Independence Day (first junta 1810)
- RC Saints - Feast day of St Joseph of Cupertino and Methodius of Olympus
- In ancient Greece, the fifth day of the Eleusinian Mysteries.
- Battle of Megiddo (Palestine) starts
- Ernest Bristow Farrar: Composer, dies at 33.
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 18, 1918?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Earl Fuller's Novelty Orchestra - Missouri Waltz
- Marion Harris - There's a Lump of Sugar Down in Dixie
- Peerless Quartet - I'm Gonna Pin My Medal on the Girl I Left Behind