Wednesday 18 September 1918
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include John Berger and Berit Brænne.
The Craving, directed by Francis Ford, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1918
while Dere Mable by Edward Streeter was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 September 1918!
Which were the important events of 18 September 1918 ?
- Also see September 18 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Chile - Independence Day (first junta 1810)
- RC Saints - Feast day of St Joseph of Cupertino and Methodius of Olympus
- In ancient Greece, the fifth day of the Eleusinian Mysteries.
- John Berger: English politician.
- Berit Brænne: Norwegian actress, children's writer, and songwriter.
- Johnny Mantz: American racing driver (d. 1972).
- Ernest Bristow Farrar: Composer, dies at 33.
- Battle of Megiddo (Palestine) starts
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1918 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- The Daughter of Rosie O'Grady - Lewis James
- When Alexander Takes His Ragtime Band to France - Marion Harris
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?