Sunday August 19, 1900
US date format: 8/19/1900, UK date format: 19/8/1900
Is this your lucky day? Bet on the figures of this date here
It was Sunday, under the sign of Leo (see birth chart on August 19, 1900). The US president was William McKinley (Republican), the UK Prime Minister was Robert Gascoyne-Cecil (Conservative), Pope Leo XIII was leading the Catholic Church.
Famous people born on this day include Gontran de Poncins and Cornelis Zwikker.
The Last Days of Pompeii, directed by Ernest B. Schoedsack, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1900
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of August 19, 1900?
- Roman festivals - Vinalia Rustica celebrated in honor of Venus Libitina commemorating the founding of the oldest known temple to her, on the Esquiline Hill, in 293 BC on this date.
- RC saints - Saint Sebald, Saint Louis of Toulouse, Jean-Eudes de MTzeray
- Afghanistan - Afghan Independence Day see above: 1919
- National Day of the Filipino Language, Philippines - Holiday for Quezon City, Quezon Province and other municipalities named after Manuel Quezon
- See more
- Jean-Baptiste Accolay: Belgian violinist composer and conductor...