Sunday 19 August 1900
It was Sunday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was William McKinley (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Cornelis Zwikker and Colleen Moore.
A Farmer's Imitation of Ching Ling Foo, directed by , was one of the most viewed movies released in 1900
while Red Pottage by Mary Cholmondele was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 August 1900!
Which were the important events of 19 August 1900 ?
- Roman festivals - Vinalia Rustica celebrated in honor of Venus Libitina commemorating the founding of the oldest known temple to her, on the Esquiline Hill, in 293 BC on this date.
- RC saints - Saint Sebald, Saint Louis of Toulouse, Jean-Eudes de MTzeray
- Afghanistan - Afghan Independence Day see above: 1919
- National Day of the Filipino Language, Philippines - Holiday for Quezon City, Quezon Province and other municipalities named after Manuel Quezon
- National Aviation Day, USA
- Colleen Moore: Port Huron, Michigan -- Actress (Scarlet Letter).
- Cornelis Zwikker: Dutch professor of theoretical and applied physics.
- Olga Baclanova: Russian-Swiss actress and singer (d. 1974).
- Gontran de Poncins: French author and adventurer (d. 1962).
- Gilbert Ryle: English philosopher author and academic (d. 1976).
- Jean-Baptiste Accolay: Belgian violinist composer and conductor (d. 1900).
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?