Tuesday 19 August 1919
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Roger Stéphane and Roger Stephane.
The High Cost of Living, directed by Deborah Chow, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1919
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 19 August 1919
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 August 1919!
Which were the important events of 19 August 1919 ?
- Roman festivals - Vinalia Rustica celebrated in honor of Venus Libitina commemorating the founding of the oldest known temple to her, on the Esquiline Hill, in 293 BC on this date.
- RC saints - Saint Sebald, Saint Louis of Toulouse, Jean-Eudes de MTzeray
- Afghanistan - Afghan Independence Day see above: 1919
- National Day of the Filipino Language, Philippines - Holiday for Quezon City, Quezon Province and other municipalities named after Manuel Quezon
- National Aviation Day, USA
- Roger Stéphane
- Roger Stephane: French journalist and the founder of France Observateur, 1950.
- Malcolm Forbes: CEO (Forbes Publishing), dies of a heart attack at age 70 (born 1919).
- Afghanistan gains full independence from the United Kingdom.
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1919 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Mammy O' Mine - Yerkes Jazarimba Orchestra
- Oh My Dear! - Joseph C. Smith's Orchestra