Wednesday 19 August 1914
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Maurice Bourgès-Maunoury and Raymond Marcellin.
Aftermath, directed by Elliot Lester, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1914
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 19 August 1914
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 August 1914!
Which were the important events of 19 August 1914 ?
- Roman festivals - Vinalia Rustica celebrated in honor of Venus Libitina commemorating the founding of the oldest known temple to her, on the Esquiline Hill, in 293 BC on this date.
- RC saints - Saint Sebald, Saint Louis of Toulouse, Jean-Eudes de MTzeray
- Afghanistan - Afghan Independence Day see above: 1919
- National Day of the Filipino Language, Philippines - Holiday for Quezon City, Quezon Province and other municipalities named after Manuel Quezon
- National Aviation Day, USA
- Maurice Bourgès-Maunoury: French radical socialist politician, Prime Minister of France in 1957.
- Raymond Marcellin: French Minister of Interior under General De Gaulle, and then of Agriculture, mayor of Vannes (Brittany) , he was widely known for having censored "Hara-Kiri Hebdo" just after the death of the President, on 16 Novemver 1970.
- Maurice Bouges-Maunoury: Luisant Military man.
- Lajos Baroti: Hungarian footballer (d. 2005).
- Fumio Hayasaka: Japanese composer (d. 1955).
- Lajos Baróti: Hungarian footballer and manager (d. 2005).
- Dorothy Castro Pinto: Costa Rican writer and painter.
- Franz Xavier Wernz: German Superior General of the Society of Jesus (Born 1844).
- German army executed 150 Belgians by firing squad
- German fleet bombs English coast
- Harris Theater (Candler, Coan & Harris) opens at 226 W 42nd St, New York City
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1914 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Fourth of July at Pumpkin Center - Cal Stewart
- Prince's Orchestra - Love's Melody