Sunday 19 August 1945
It was Sunday, under the sign of Leo (see planets position on August 19, 1945). The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Ian Gillan and Lan Gillan.
Love Letters, directed by William Dieterle, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1945
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 19 August 1945
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 August 1945!
Which were the important events of 19 August 1945 ?
- Roman festivals - Vinalia Rustica celebrated in honor of Venus Libitina commemorating the founding of the oldest known temple to her, on the Esquiline Hill, in 293 BC on this date.
- RC saints - Saint Sebald, Saint Louis of Toulouse, Jean-Eudes de MTzeray
- Afghanistan - Afghan Independence Day see above: 1919
- National Day of the Filipino Language, Philippines - Holiday for Quezon City, Quezon Province and other municipalities named after Manuel Quezon
- National Aviation Day, USA
- Ian Gillan: British musician, singer and member of the band Deep Purple from 1969.
- Lan Gillan: Rocker.
- Ian Gillian: heavy metal rocker (Deep Purple - "Knocking at Backdoor").
- Sandro de America: Argentine singer & actor (d. 2010).
- David Dewhurst: Politician.
- Sandro de América: Argentinian singer and actor (d. 2010).
- Dennis Eichhorn: American author and illustrator (d. 2015).
- Charles Wellesley: Marquess of Douro, English heir of the 8th Duke of Wellington.
- Sandro : Known by his artist names Sandro/Sandro de América ("Sandro of America"), Gitano (gypsy), and the Argentine Elvis, was a notable Argentine singer and actor.
- Tomas Burgos: Chilean philanthropist (Born 1875).
- Phillies Jimmie Foxx, 37, pitches 1st 7 innings vs. Reds andwins
- Vietnam War: Viet Minh led by Ho Chi Minh take power in Hanoi, Vietnam.
- Chinese Civil War: Mao Zedong and Chiang Kai-shek meet in Chongqing to discuss an end to hostilities between the Communists and the Nationalists.