Monday 19 August 1946
It was Monday, under the sign of Leo (see planets position on August 19, 1946). The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Bill Clinton and William Jefferson.
Cloak and Dagger, directed by Fritz Lang, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1946
On TV people were watching I Love to Eat.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 19 August 1946
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 August 1946!
Which were the important events of 19 August 1946 ?
- Roman festivals - Vinalia Rustica celebrated in honor of Venus Libitina commemorating the founding of the oldest known temple to her, on the Esquiline Hill, in 293 BC on this date.
- RC saints - Saint Sebald, Saint Louis of Toulouse, Jean-Eudes de MTzeray
- Afghanistan - Afghan Independence Day see above: 1919
- National Day of the Filipino Language, Philippines - Holiday for Quezon City, Quezon Province and other municipalities named after Manuel Quezon
- National Aviation Day, USA
- Bill Clinton: American politician from 1963, a graduate of Yale Law school, Governor of Arkansas in 1978 at age 32 and sworn into office as U.S.
- William Jefferson: Clinton; 42nd US President (former Little Rock attorney).
- Charles F Bolden Jr in Columbia: South Carolina, USA; astronaut (STS 61C, 31, STS 45).
- Charles Bolden: American general and astronaut.
- Joseph Edward Kurtz: Clergyman.
- Beat Raaflaub: Swiss conductor and director.
- Dawn Steel: Film maker (When Harry Met Sally), dies at 51.
- Christopher Malcolm: Scottish-English actor and singer (d. 2014).
- Violence between Muslims and Hindus in Calcutta leaves 3,000 dead.