Thursday 12 April 1928
It was Thursday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Hardy Krüger and Jean-François Paillard.
Laugh, Clown, Laugh, directed by Herbert Brenon, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1928
while Claire Ambler by Booth Tarkington was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 12 April 1928!
Which were the important events of 12 April 1928 ?
- Saint Julius I
- Saint Zeno of Verona
- Saint Erkembode
- Saint Damian
- Yuri's Night, an international celebration of the first human in space, Yuri Gagarin; in Russia (and formerly in USSR), the Cosmonautics Day.
- The Roman holiday of Cerealia begins.
- Hardy Krüger: German actor with blond hair and blue eyes, who often performed in roles portraying German soldiers due to his archetypal Nordic German look.
- Jean-François Paillard: French conductor and author (d. 2013).
- Brooklyn Supreme: Belgium -- Stallion, heaviest known horse (1450 kg).
- Hardy Kruger: German actor.
- Margaret Merrick: American prodigy who was one of the original Quiz Kids.
- Jean-Francois Paillard: Vitry-le-Franéois Musician.
- Assassination attempt on King Victor Emmanuel III of Italy.
- A bomb attack against Italian Fascist leader Benito Mussolini in Milan kills 17 bystanders.
- April 14 ampndash The first ever eastampndashwest transatlantic aeroplane flight takes place from Dublin, Ireland, to Greenly Island, Canada, using German Junkers W33 ''Bremen''.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?