Sunday 19 December 2010
It was Sunday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of December people in US were listening to Firework by Katy Perry.
TRON: Legacy, directed by Joseph Kosinski, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2010
while American Assassin by Vince Flynn was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Welcome Back, Brotter.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Arcania: Gothic 4 or Call of Duty: Black Ops.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 December 2010!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 19 December 2010 ?
- 2003 - the events of the fictional docu-drama The Day Britain Stopped take place.
- Roman festivals - Opalia
- Also see December 19 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 19 December
- Sri Lanka lifts a ban on a United Nations war crimes panel visiting the country. (Reuters)
- Two rebel groups in Somaliandashal-Shabaab and the Islamic Partyndashannounce plans to merge to try to topple the UN-backed Transitional Federal Government. (Al Jazeera)
- Stars appeared at the red carpet closing ceremony of the 7th Dubai International Film Festival. (Xinhua)
- Hundreds of small investors engage in protest activities in Dhaka following the steepest daily fall in the stock exchange. (AFP via ''The Sydney Morning Herald'')
- 60 Minutes, an influential news program, runs a segment with Meredith Whitney a bank analyst credited with a timely bearish call in 2008, in which she predicts hundreds of millions of dollars worth of defaults by U.S. municipalities. (CNBC)
- At least 28 people are killed and dozens more are injured following an explosion on a PEMEX oil pipeline in San Martín Texmelucan, Puebla, Mexico. (BBC)
- 15 people, including 9 nursing students, are killed while 12 others are injured in an blaze that gobbles up two buildings in Tuguegarao City, Cagayan province in northern Philippines. (BBC)
- 8 people are seriously injured when a tour bus carrying a church group lost control, slides off a road and rolls onto its side on an icy highway in the U.S. state of Colorado. (CNN)
- 3 people are killed as blizzards and freezing temperatures hit Italy. (''Herald Sun'')
- Flights in and out of Heathrow Airport are at a virtual standstill as severe weather conditions continue across the United Kingdom. (BBC)
- The Guatemalan military declares a state of siege in the department of Alta Verapaz to reclaim control of cities controlled by the Los Zetas Mexican drug gang. (AP via ''The Washington Post'')
- Approximately 107 people are charged with possessing offensive child pornography in Austria. (BBC)
- Lawyers for Wikileaks’s founder Julian Assange express anger that incriminating police files regarding Assange’s alleged sexual assault of two Swedish women were published in The Guardian newspaper, which has used him as its source for hundreds of leaked US embassy cables. (''The Australian'')
- Venezuela once again expresses its disapproval of Larry Palmer, the man who may become the next US ambassador to the country, and says it will arrest and deport him upon arrival due to a months long disagreement following Palmer's comments on the Venezuelan military. (BBC)
- Côte d'Ivoire:
- The United Nations rejects a demand by incumbent Côte d'Ivoire President Laurent Gbagbo to remove its peacekeepers from the country. (Al Jazeera)
- Navanethem Pillay, the UN High Commissioner for Human Rights states there is evidence of ampquotmassiveampquot violations of human rights with more than 50 people killed in recent days as protests over the Ivorian election continue. (Reuters Alert Net)
- Hundreds of people are alleged to have been abducted since the election according to the UN. (BBC)
- A United Nations Security Council meeting regarding the situation in the Korean Peninsula ends without agreement. (Reuters)
- Chinese Premier Wen Jiabao addresses a special joint session of Parliament in Islamabad, praising Pakistan for its efforts in combating terrorism. (''The New York Times'')
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 2010 ?
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 19 December 2010
Serie AItalian Football
- Bari - Palermo : 1 - 1
- Catania - Brescia : 1 - 0
- Chievo - Juventus : 1 - 1
- Lazio - Udinese : 3 - 2
Jupiler LeagueFootball (Belgium)
- Club Brugge - Anderlecht : 0 - 2
Bundesliga 1Football (Germany)
- Leverkusen - Freiburg : 2 - 2
- Stuttgart - Bayern Munich : 3 - 5
Bundesliga 2Football (Germany)
- Munich 1860 - Paderborn : 0 - 1
- Oberhausen - Cottbus : 0 - 4
- Osnabruck - Ingolstadt : 2 - 1
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?