Thursday 1 January 1942, NewYear’s DayUS date format: 1/1/1942, UK date format: 1/1/1942
It was Thursday, under the sign of Capricorn (see birth chart on January 1, 1942). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democrat).
Famous people born on this day include Alassane Ouattara and Bruno Arcari.
The Devil and Daniel Webster, directed by William Dieterle, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1942
On TV people were watching Men at Work.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 1 January 1942
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Personalized book about You
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 January 1942!
Which were the important events of 1 January 1942 ?
- Alassane Ouattara: Ivorian economist and politician...
- Bruno Arcari: Italian World Jr-Welterweight boxing...
- Albert Hunt
- Gerda Rogers
- Gennadi Vassilyevich: Sarafanov in USSR; cosmonaut (Soyuz 15).
- Martin Frost American politician (Representative-Democrat-Texas: 1971-).
- Country Joe McDonald in California: USA; rock guitarist/vocalist (Country...
- Judy Stone: Australian pop singer.
- Alex Ferguson: Coach.
- Anthony Hamilton-Smith: 3rd Baron Colwyn English dentist and...
- Dennis Archer: American lawyer and politician 67th...
- Gennadi Sarafanov: Russian colonel pilot and astronaut (d....
- Al Hunt: American reporter and news anchor.
- Martin Frost: Politician.
- Brian Kernighan: Scientist.
- George Couroupos: Composer.
- Jaroslav Jezek: Composer, dies at 35.
- US and 25 other countries sign a united declaration against the Axis
- The Declaration by the United Nations is signed by twenty-six nations.
- Rose Bowl played in North Carolina due to Japanese threat-Oregon 20, Duke 16.
- In Washington, D.C., representatives of 26 countries sign the Declaration of United Nations.
- Japanese forces enter Manila in the Philippines.
- WWII: United States and Philippines troops fight the Battle of Bataan.