Wednesday 20 August 1930
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Mario Bernardi and Paul Gourdot.
Danger Lights, directed by George B. Seitz, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1930
On TV people were watching Betty Boop.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 20 August 1930
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 20 August 1930!
Which were the important events of 20 August 1930 ?
- Morocco - Revolution of the King and the People Day
- RC saints - Saint Bernard of Clairvaux
- Bah�'f Faith - Feast of Asm� (Names) - First day of the ninth month of the Bah�'f Calendar
- Estonia - Restoration Day
- Hungary - St. Stephen's day, the main national holiday in Hungary
- Mario Bernardi: Canadian conductor who formed and conducted the National Arts Center Orchestra in Ottawa in 1969, after which he began to guest conduct for operas and symphony concerts internationally.
- Paul Gourdot: French freemason, the 'grand maître' of the 'Grand Orient de France' from 1981 to 1985.
- Peter Randall: British George Medal recipient (Born 1930).
- Charles Bannerman: English-Australian cricketer and umpire (d. 1930).
- Dumont's first TV broadcast for home reception (New York City).