Sunday 20 August 1911
It was Sunday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Michèle Alfa and Ronald Udell.
Die Ballhaus-Anna, directed by Walter Schmidthssler, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1911
while The Harvester by Gene Stratton Porter was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 20 August 1911!
Which were the important events of 20 August 1911 ?
- Morocco - Revolution of the King and the People Day
- RC saints - Saint Bernard of Clairvaux
- Bah�'f Faith - Feast of Asm� (Names) - First day of the ninth month of the Bah�'f Calendar
- Estonia - Restoration Day
- Hungary - St. Stephen's day, the main national holiday in Hungary
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1911 ?
Top #5 songs in the USA
- Don't Wake Me Up, I'm Dreaming - Walter Van Brunt
- That Railroad Rag - Walter Van Brunt
- In the Land of Harmony - Arthur Collins
- Infanta March - Fred Van Eps
- The Mississippi Dippy Dip - Arthur Collins & Byron Harlan
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?