Monday 20 August 1956
It was Monday, under the sign of Leo (see planets position on August 20, 1956). The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Joan Allen and Rick Olsen.
In UK Whatever Will Be Will Be (Que Sera Sera) by Doris Day was in the top 5 hits.
Bus Stop, directed by Joshua Logan, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1956
while The Mandarins by Simone de Beauvoir was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Black Tulip.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 20 August 1956
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 20 August 1956!
Which were the important events of 20 August 1956 ?
- Morocco - Revolution of the King and the People Day
- RC saints - Saint Bernard of Clairvaux
- Bah�'f Faith - Feast of Asm� (Names) - First day of the ninth month of the Bah�'f Calendar
- Estonia - Restoration Day
- Hungary - St. Stephen's day, the main national holiday in Hungary
- Joan Allen: American actress, a versatile performer in lead and supporting roles on stage and screen.
- Rick Olsen: Rock guitarist (Berlin-Take My Breath Away).
- Alvin Greenidge: West Indian cricketer.
- Desmond Swayne: English soldier and politician Vice-Chamberlain of the Household.
- Republicans convene at Cow Palace
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1956 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Top #5 songs in the UK
- Whatever Will Be Will Be (Que Sera Sera) - Doris Day
- Teenagers featuring Frankie Lymon - Why Do Fools Fall In Love
- Tony Martin - Walk Hand In Hand
- Sweet Old-Fashioned Girl - Teresa Brewer
- Elvis Presley - Heartbreak Hotel
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?