Monday 20 September 1926
It was Monday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Otis C Moore and Hubert Yonnet.
The Strong Man, directed by Frank Capra, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1926
while Sorrell and Son by Warwick Deeping was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 20 September 1926!
Which were the important events of 20 September 1926 ?
- Otis C Moore
- Hubert Yonnet
- Jean Archambault: French boxer.
- Otis Moore: American military, major general.
- Ostis Moore: Charlotte Military man.
- Libero Liberati: Italian motorcycle racer (d. 1962).
- Twelve blue cars full of gangsters open fire at the Hawthorne Inn, Al Capone's Chicago headquarters. Only one of Capone's men is wounded.
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1926 ?
Top #5 songs in the USA
- Only You and Lonely Me - Ben Selvin & His Orchestra
- Valencia (A Song of Spain) - Revelers
- Mountain Greenery - Roger Wolfe Kahn & His Orchestra
- Where'd You Get Thoes Eyes? - Ted Lewis & His Band
- Al Jolson - When the Red Red Robin Comes Bob-Bob-Bobbin' Along
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?