Sunday 27 February 1927
It was Sunday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Lord Belhaven and Michael Butler.
Metropolis, directed by Fritz Lang, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1927
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 February 1927!
Which were the important events of 27 February 1927 ?
- International Polar Bear Day.
- Saint Antigone
- Saint Leander
- First day of Maslenitsa in Russia (2006)
- Saint Honorine
- Dominican Republic - National Day.
- Bah�'f Faith - Day 2 of Ayy�m-i-H� (Intercalary Days) - days in the Bah�'f calendar devoted to service and gift giving.
- Roman Empire - Equirria, horse races in honour of the pagan war god Mars were held.
- Saint Gabriel of the Mother of Sorrows
- Lord Belhaven: & Stenton.
- Michael Butler: Pro-Provost / Chairman (Royal College of Art).
- Guy Mitchell: American singer (d. 1999).
- James Herlihy: American novelist and playwright, the author of the novel, "Midnight Cowboy," which formed the basis for the popular gritty movie of the same name.
- John Lynn: American executive and CEO in charge of Aetna Life and Casualty.
- James Lynn: American lawyer, government official and cabinet officer. He served as the Secretary of Housing and Urban Development from 1973 until 1975 and as the director of the Office of Management and Budget from 1975 until 1977. He died on 6 December 2010.
- Albert Yvel: Algerian professional boxer.
- Lynn Cartwright: American actress (d. 2004)
- Peter Whittle: New Zealand-English mathematician and theorist
- For 2nd Sunday in a row golfers in SC arrested for violating Sabbath
- For second Sunday in a row golfers in South Carolina are arrested for violating Sabbath.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?