Wednesday 23 February 1927
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Pisces (see planets position on February 23, 1927). The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Régine Crespin and Nadine Alari.
White Gold, directed by William K. Howard, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1927
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 23 February 1927
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 February 1927!
Which were the important events of 23 February 1927 ?
- Saint Milburga
- Roman Empire - Terminalia held in honor of Terminus.
- Russia - Defender of the Fatherland Day (formerly Red Army Day or Day of Soviet Army and Navy).
- Blessed odilia of Mombeek
- Guyana - Mashramani-Republic Day.
- Brunei - National Day.
- Catholicism - Feast day of Saint Polycarp of Smyrna (died 155)
- Saint Lazarus (d.867)
- Régine Crespin: French opera soprano, with a debut in Mulhouse in 1950 in "Lohengrin.
- Nadine Alari
- Robert Neelly Bellah: Sociologist.
- Ivan Hrusovsky: Composer.
- Regine Crespin: French operatic soprano (d. 2007).
- Mirtha Legrand: known by her stage name Mirtha Legrand, is an Argentine actress and television presenter who has worked in Argentina and Spain, twin sister of retired actress Silvia Legrand.
- Sveinbjorn Sveinbjornsson: Composer, dies at 79.
- President Calvin Coolidge creates Federal Radio Commission (US Federal Communications Commission predecessor).
- The Federal Radio Commission (later renamed the Federal Communications Commission) begins to regulate the use of radio frequencies in the United States.
- German theoretical physicist Werner Heisenberg writes a letter to fellow physicist Wolfgang Pauli, in which he describes his uncertainty principle for the first time.