Sunday 20 June 2010
It was Sunday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of June people in US were listening to California Gurls by Katy Perry.
Despicable Me, directed by Pierre Coffin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2010
while The Short Second Life of Bree Tanner by Stephenie Meyer was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Through the Wormhole.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing AirAttack or Battle of the Immortals.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 20 June 2010!
Which were the important events of 20 June 2010 ?
- American Radio Relay League ? Bring your Handy-Talky to Work Day
- West Virginia ? West Virginia Day.
- Flag Day in Argentina (1938).
- UNHCR - World Refugee Day.
- Ancient Latvia ? Zalu Diena.
- Roman Empire ? Festival in honor of Summanus.
- Day of The Royal Victorian Order.
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 20 June
- Harry Blackmore Whittington: British palaeontologist (Born 1916).
- Manute Bol, 7-foot 7-inch (2.3m) NBA basketball legend (Washington Bullets) from southern Sudan, dies at age 47 of kidney problems in Virginia, USA.
- At least 40 people were shot over the weekend across Chicago, with seven of them slain, Chicago Tribune reported. (CNTV)
- Israeli–Palestinian conflict:
- Israel says it will move to loosen its land blockade against the Gaza Strip, while indicating the continuation of its naval blockade against the region. (Xinhua)
- In Poland, presidential elections take place after the death of President Lech Kaczyński on April 10, 2010 in a plane crash. (AP)
- At least seven police officers are killed and eight others disappear in an explosive attack on a police patrol. (Aljazeera)
- Archbishop of Naples Crescenzio Sepe and former Italy transport minister Pietro Lunardi face allegations of corruption over a property deal. (RTÉ)
- At least 26 people are killed and 53 other are injured during two car bombings in central Baghdad, Iraq. (BBC)
- A Bell 412 Mexican military helicopter crashes in Durango state in northern Mexico Saturday, killing all 11 people on board. (People)
- A plane carrying several Australian mining executives including Ken Talbot disappears in either Cameroon or the Republic of the Congo. (''Sydney Morning Herald'')
- Celia becomes the first hurricane of the 2010 Pacific hurricane season. (AP via Breitbart)
- 2010 FIFA World Cup
- South Sudan's 7ft 7in basketball legend and humanitarian, Manute Bol, dies. (''The Washington Post'')
- Michael Jackson's memorial plaque will be unveiled at a West End theatre in London on June 24. In mid-February Los Angeles coroners have released a report of his autopsy, which said his death was a homicide. (SKY)
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 20 June 2010
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 2010 ?
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?