Wednesday 28 May 1941
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Gemini (see planets position on May 28, 1941). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Guntram Vesper and Beth Howland in Boston.
Man Hunt, directed by Fritz Lang, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1941
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 28 May 1941
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 May 1941!
Which were the important events of 28 May 1941 ?
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Germain of Paris
- Republic Day in Azerbaijan and Armenia (both 1918).
- Bernard of Menthon
- Augustine of Canterbury
- William of Gellone
- Guntram Vesper: Writer.
- Beth Howland in Boston: Massachusetts, USA; actress (Vera - Alice, Company).
- Beth Howland: American actress and singer.
- 1st night game at Washington DC, Griffith stadium (Yanks 6, Senators 5)
- New York Yankees nip Washingston Senators 6-5 in 1st night game at Griffith Stadium
- British army begins evacuation of Crete.