Friday 20 March 1936
It was Friday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Lee ''Scratch'' Perry and Francisco Zuniga.
The Great Ziegfeld, directed by Robert Z. Leonard, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1936
while The Last Puritan by George Santayana was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 20 March 1936!
Which were the important events of 20 March 1936 ?
- Feast of St. Cuthbert, patron saint of Northumbria (died 704)
- Saint Alexandra
- Saint Herbert (died 687)
- Canberra Day
- Meat Out Day
- International Astrology Day
- New Year of Iranian Calendar: Norouz occurs on the vernal equinox.
- The second day of Quinquatria in ancient Rome, held in honor of Minerva.
- The vernal equinox usually occurs on this day.
- Saint Wulfram (d.704)
- Lee ''Scratch'' Perry: Jamaican Reggae artist.
- Francisco Zuniga: American director of U.S.
- Harold Mabern: American pianist and composer.
- Vaughn Meader: American comedian and actor (d. 2004).
- : Jamaican singer and producer.
- Mark Saville: Baron Saville of Newdigate English lieutenant lawyer and judge
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?