Saturday 20 September 1947
It was Saturday, under the sign of Virgo (see planets position on September 20, 1947). The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Patrick Poivre d'Arvor and Mia Martini.
The Unsuspected, directed by Michael Curtiz, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1947
On TV people were watching WJLA ABC 7 News.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 20 September 1947
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 20 September 1947!
Which were the important events of 20 September 1947 ?
- Patrick Poivre d'Arvor: French journalist, a reporter with France-Inter, 1971-‘74, head of the political department, 1975-‘76, Assistant editor, 1976-‘83 and 8:00 PM news anchor (Antenne2, 1976-83).
- Mia Martini: Italian pop singer, songwriter and sister of rock singer Loredana Berte.
- Isabelle Balkany: French politician, who served as conseillère générale and vice president of 'Le conseil général des Hauts-de-Seine' (1998-2011), and as the first deputy mayor of Levallois-Perret.
- François-Olivier Rousseau
- Richard Khaitzine
- Billy Bang: American violinist and composer (d. 2011).
- Patrick Poivre: Reims Journalist.
- Jude Deveraux: American author.
- Steve Gerber: American author and screenwriter (d. 2008).
- Thomas H. Cook: Author.
- Chris Ortloff: former New York state Republican politician and admitted pedophile.
- Bruce Pasternack: American businessman.
- Patrick d'Arvor: French journalist and author.
- Wojciech Kurtyka: Polish mountaineer and rock climber.
- Tanith Lee: Writer.
- Steve Bartlett: Politician.
- Henry Bromell: Author.
- Chuck Panozzo: Chicago, Illinois -- Rocker (Styx).
- John Panozzo: Chicago, Illinois -- Rocker (Styx).
- Fiorello H La Guardia: (Mayor-R-NYC, 1933-45).
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1947 ?
Top #5 songs in the USA
- Vaughn Monroe & His Orchestra - I Wish I Didn't Love You So
- Near You - Alvino Rey & His Orchestra
- Johnny Mercer - Sugar Blues
- How Soon (Will I Be Seeing You) - Jack Owens
- Betty Hutton - I Wish I Didn't Love You So