Sunday 21 September 1947
It was Sunday, under the sign of Virgo (see planets position on September 21, 1947). The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Stephen King and Don Felder.
The Unsuspected, directed by Michael Curtiz, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1947
On TV people were watching WJLA ABC 7 News.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 21 September 1947
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 September 1947!
Which were the important events of 21 September 1947 ?
- Mabon - Neopagan festival of Mabon
- International Day of Peace of the United Nations, as propagated by Peace One Day
- In ancient Greece, the eighth day of the Eleusinian Mysteries, when the secret rites in the Telesterion finish and the feast, Pannychis, begins.
- Philippines - Thanksgiving Day
- Independence Day in Malta (1964), Belize (1981) & Armenia (1991)
- Also see September 21 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Matthew the Evangelist
- Stephen King: American prolific writer and screenwriter.
- Don Felder: American guitarist and songwriter (Eagles).
- Martha Jones: British-Canadian astrologer based in Alberta whose astrological art has appeared on the cover of The Mountain Astrologer.
- Flip Reade: American body-builder, minor actor and mime.
- Marsha Norman: American playwright and author.
- Keith Harris: English ventriloquist and singer (d. 2015).
- Don Gelder: Gainesville, Florida -- Rocker (Eagles).
- Jude Deveraux: Author.
- Harry Carey Sr: Actor / director (Red River, Sundown), dies at 69.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1947 ?
Top #5 songs in the USA
- Vaughn Monroe & His Orchestra - I Wish I Didn't Love You So
- Near You - Alvino Rey & His Orchestra
- Johnny Mercer - Sugar Blues
- How Soon (Will I Be Seeing You) - Jack Owens
- Betty Hutton - I Wish I Didn't Love You So