Wednesday 18 December 1907
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Christopher Fry and Louis Guillaume.
Konung Oscar II:s likbegängelse, directed by , was one of the most viewed movies released in 1907
while The Weavers by Gilbert Parker was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 December 1907!
Which were the important events of 18 December 1907 ?
- Roman festivals - Feast of Epona (during Saturnalia)
- R.C. Saints - Gatianus of Tours
- Also see December 18 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Niger - Republic Day (autonomous in 1958)
- Greek Orthodox Church ? Feast of Sebastian the Martyr
- Christopher Fry: British playwright who had a brief career as an actor before turning to writing and directing.
- Louis Guillaume: Paris 12éme Writer.
- Bill Holland: American race car driver (d. 1984).
- Lawrence Lucie: American guitarist and educator (Mills Blue Rhythm Band) (d. 2009).
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1907 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- My Dear - Harry Macdonough
- Auld Lang Syne - Frank Stanley
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?