Wednesday 18 December 1907
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Christopher Fry and Louis Guillaume.
Laughing Gas, directed by Charles Chaplin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1907
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 18 December 1907
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 December 1907!
Which were the important events of 18 December 1907 ?
- Roman festivals - Feast of Epona (during Saturnalia)
- R.C. Saints - Gatianus of Tours
- Also see December 18 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Niger - Republic Day (autonomous in 1958)
- Greek Orthodox Church ? Feast of Sebastian the Martyr
- Christopher Fry: British playwright who had a brief career as an actor before turning to writing and directing.
- Louis Guillaume: Paris 12éme Writer.
- Bill Holland: American race car driver (d. 1984).
- Lawrence Lucie: American guitarist and educator (Mills Blue Rhythm Band) (d. 2009).