Thursday 21 February 1907
It was Thursday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include W H Auden and Wystan Hugh Auden.
The Mysterious Retort, directed by Georges Méliès, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1907
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 21 February 1907
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 February 1907!
Which were the important events of 21 February 1907 ?
- Saint Pepin of Landen
- Language Martyrs' Day - A day celebrated by Bengali speaking people for gaining right of mother tongue.
- Catholicism - Feast day of Saint Peter Damiani.
- Saint Randoald
- International Mother Language Day (UNESCO).
- W H Auden: English poet (d. 1973).
- Wystan Hugh Auden: United States -- Poet (Age of Anxiety-Pulitzer 1948).
- WH Auden: British poet: perhaps the most outstanding of the '30s, winner of the Pulitzer Prize in 1948 for "The Age of Anxiety.
- W Auden: English-American poet playwright and composer (d. 1973).
- SS Berlin sinks off Hoek van Holland Netherlands (142 dead).
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1907 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- Almost Persuaded - Frank Stanley & Harry Macdonough
- Is Marriage a Failure? - Helen Trix & Dan Quinn
- Down on the Farm - Len Spencer & Ada Jones
- Oh Promise Me - Corrine Morgan