Friday 1 February 1907
It was Friday, under the sign of Aquarius (see planets position on February 1, 1907). The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include John Canaday and Alan Strode.
The Charmer, directed by , was one of the most viewed movies released in 1907
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 1 February 1907
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 February 1907!
Which were the important events of 1 February 1907 ?
- St. Brigid of Kildare - one of the three patron saints of Ireland, the others being St. Patrick and St. Columcille.
- In Roald Dahl's Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory, the fictional character Willy Wonka gives an unprecedented tour of his chocolate factory on February 1 (year unspecified).
- Blessed Reginald of Sint-Gillis
- The start of LGBT History Month in the United Kingdom.
- The start of Black History Month in the United States.
- Imbolc - the first day of Spring in Ireland (Irish Calendar), one of the eight solar holidays in the Wheel of the Year.
- St. Veridiana
- Alan Strode: Campbell Ross professor (coined the terms U and non-U).
- John Canaday: art critic (Metropolitan Museum of Art Portfolios).
- Mozart Camargo: Guarnieri composer.
- Gunter Eich: German lyricist (d. 1972).
- Günter Eich: German lyricist, dramatist and author.
- Camargo Guarnieri: Brazilian pianist and composer (d. 1993).