Friday 1 February 1907
It was Friday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include John Canaday and Alan Strode.
A Crazy Composer, directed by Georges Méliès, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1907
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 1 February 1907
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 February 1907!
Which were the important events of 1 February 1907 ?
- St. Brigid of Kildare - one of the three patron saints of Ireland, the others being St. Patrick and St. Columcille.
- In Roald Dahl's Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory, the fictional character Willy Wonka gives an unprecedented tour of his chocolate factory on February 1 (year unspecified).
- Blessed Reginald of Sint-Gillis
- The start of LGBT History Month in the United Kingdom.
- The start of Black History Month in the United States.
- Imbolc - the first day of Spring in Ireland (Irish Calendar), one of the eight solar holidays in the Wheel of the Year.
- St. Veridiana
- Alan Strode: Campbell Ross professor (coined the terms U and non-U).
- John Canaday: art critic (Metropolitan Museum of Art Portfolios).
- Mozart Camargo: Guarnieri composer.
- Gunter Eich: German lyricist (d. 1972).
- Günter Eich: German lyricist, dramatist and author.
- Camargo Guarnieri: Brazilian pianist and composer (d. 1993).