Tuesday 29 March 1927
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include John Vane and Lord Donald Ross.
Napoleon, directed by Abel Gance, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1927
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 29 March 1927
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 March 1927!
Which were the important events of 29 March 1927 ?
- St. Bertold (d.1179)
- Blessed Hugo (d.1239)
- St. Ludolf of Ratzeburg (d.1250)
- St. Eustace
- Memorial day and commemoration of the 1947 revolt against French colonisation in Madagascar
- Youth Day in Taiwan
- Festival of Ishtar.
- St. Jonas (d. 327)
- Lord Donald Ross
- John Vane: English pharmacologist and academic Nobel Prize laureate (d. 2004).
- Teresa Sterne
- Paul Reucher: Denain EXecutives.
- Lord Ross
- John McLaughlin: American journalist and producer.
- Arthur Ravenel: Jr; American politician (Representative-Republican-South Carolina).
- Donald Ross: Scottish jurist, a member of the Queen's Counsel in 1964 and a high court judge.
- Henry O D Segrave races his Sunbeam car to a record 203.79 mph at Daytona; first auto to exceed 200 mph (322 kph).