Sunday 27 March 1927
It was Sunday, under the sign of Aries (see planets position on March 27, 1927). The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include François Furet and Mstislav Rostropovich.
Jingle Bells, directed by 3D Magic Factory, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1927
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 27 March 1927
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 March 1927!
Which were the important events of 27 March 1927 ?
- St. Augusta
- Angolan Victory Day.
- World Theatre Day
- St. John of Egypt
- St. Lydia
- Feast day of Rupert of Salzburg in the Roman Catholic Church.
- François Furet: French educator.
- Mstislav Rostropovich: Russian cellist and conductor (d. 2007).
- Jacques Siclier: French film critic and film historian, writing for Les Cahiers du Cinema, Le Monde and Télérama.
- Jean Beetz: Canadian lawyer and judge (d. 1991).
- Ernest Eastman: Liberian politician Minister of Foreign Affairs for Liberia (d. 2011).
- Coşkun Kırca: Turkish journalist and politician Turkish Minister of Foreign Affairs (d. 2005).
- Anthony Lewis: American journalist and academic (d. 2013).
- Lord Fanshawe of Richmond: MP.
- Cornelius Pasichny: Canadian bishop (d. 2014).
- Jacek Sempoliński: Polish painter and critic (d. 2012).
- Ralph Sorenson: Canadian politician.
- Mo Ostin: American record producer co-founded Warner Bros.
- Mstislav Leopold Rostropovich in Baku: USSR; cellist/conductor/teacher (Moscow Conservatory).
- Ibrahim Abi-Ackel: Brazilian politician Minister of Justice for Brazil.
- Joe Start: American baseball player and manager (d. 1927).