Wednesday 16 March 1927
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Pisces (see planets position on March 16, 1927). The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Georges Séguy and Daniel Moynihan.
Mr. Wu, directed by William Nigh, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1927
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 16 March 1927
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 March 1927!
Which were the important events of 16 March 1927 ?
- St. Urho's Day - the fictional patron saint of Finnish immigrants to the US, created by Richard Mattson in 1956
- Latvia - The controversial Latvia Legions are celebrated in Latvia, where about 140,000 men joined the Waffen SS National Legions during World War II, trying to defend Latvia. Since February 23, 2000, this day is no longer an official celebration day.
- Saint Heribert of Cologne (died 1021)
- Saint Eusebia (+680)
- Saint Benedicta (+1260)
- Saint Agapitus
- The first day of the Bacchanalia in ancient Rome
- Georges Séguy: French politician, resistant and trade unionist, who was the secretary general of the General Confederation of Labour (CGT) from 1967 to 1982.
- Daniel Moynihan: American senator, ambassador, author and educator.
- Joseph Pyronnet
- Ruby Braff: American trumpet player and cornet player (d. 2003).
- Georges Seguy: Toulouse Politician.
- Karlheinz Boehm: Germany -- Actor (Face of Fear, Peeping Tom, Unnatural).
- Olga San Juan: NYC, New York -- Actress (Variety Girl, 1 Touch of Venus).
- Vladimir Komarov: Russian pilot engineer and astronaut (d. 1967).
- Vladimir M Komarov: Moscow, Russia -- Cosmonaut (Voshkod I Soyuz 1).
- Daniel Patrick Moynihan US ambassador to United Nations: American politician (Senator-Democrat-New York, 1977-2001).
- Luis Daell: Costa Rican painter, known for his works of art in watercolor.