Monday 7 March 1927
It was Monday, under the sign of Pisces (see planets position on March 7, 1927). The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Philippe Clay and Gabriel Garcia Marquez.
Casey at the Bat, directed by Monte Brice, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1927
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 7 March 1927
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 7 March 1927!
Which were the important events of 7 March 1927 ?
- Albania ? Teacher's Day
- Catholicism ? Feast day of Saints Perpetua and Felicitas, patron saint of married women
- Philippe Clay: French mime artist, singer and actor.
- Gabriel Garcia Marquez: Novelist.
- Claude Grand'Claude: French comedian.
- Eivind Johansen: American military, who served in the US Army for many years rising to the status of General.
- Gordon Cooper: Astronaut.
- Jean-Paul Desbiens: Canadian journalist author and educator (d. 2006).
- Henri Landwirth: Belgian-American businessman and philanthropist founded Give Kids The World Village.
- James Broderick: American actor and director (d. 1982).
- Earthquake measuring 8 on Richter scale strikes Tango, Japan.
- A Richter Scale 7.6 magnitude earthquake kills at least 2,925 at Toyooka and Mineyama area, western Honshu, Japan.