Thursday 17 March 1927, St. Patrick's Day
It was Thursday, under the sign of Pisces (see planets position on March 17, 1927). The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Kenneth S Goldstein and Daniel Patrick Moynihan.
Mr. Wu, directed by William Nigh, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1927
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 17 March 1927
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 March 1927!
Which were the important events of 17 March 1927 ?
- Ancient Rome - the second day of the Bacchanalia in honor of Bacchus
- Ancient Rome - the Liberalia in honor of Liber
- St. Agricola
- St. Joseph of Arimathea
- Feast day of St Patrick: a public holiday in Ireland (National feast) and Montserrat, widely celebrated in North America and worldwide (see St. Patrick's Day)
- Ancient Latvia - Kustonu Diena (return of the larks) observed
- Boston, Massachusetts - Evacuation Day
- Daniel Patrick Moynihan: Politician.
- Kenneth S Goldstein: Folklorist / enthomusicologist.
- Maurice Ingvar Karkoff: Composer.
- Nancy Sheehan: Writer.
- Patrick Allen: Malawi -- Actor (Roman Holiday, Dial "M" for Murder).
- Sulkhan Ivanovich Nasidze: Composer.
- Betty Allen: American soprano (d. 2009).
- Rudy Moore: American actor singer and producer (d. 2008).
- James Scott Skinner: Composer, dies at 83.
- US government doesn't sign League of Nations disarmament treaty.