Friday 4 March 1927
It was Friday, under the sign of Pisces (see planets position on March 4, 1927). The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Jacques Dupin and Dick Savitt.
Casey at the Bat, directed by Monte Brice, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1927
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 4 March 1927
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 4 March 1927!
Which were the important events of 4 March 1927 ?
- Saint Efrem
- Catholicism - Commemoration of Saint Lucius I, pope, martyr.
- Saint Peter of Pappacarbone.
- Saint Lucius I.
- Saint Pierre de Cluny.
- Feast day of Humbert III of Savoy.
- Saint Basil and his Companions.
- Saint Adrian of Nicomedia, bishop of Saint Andrew's, and his Companions.
- Catholicism - Feast day of Saint Casimir, patron saint of Lithuania.
- United States - Inauguration Day (1789 - 1933)
- St. Thomas, Ontario, Canada - Charter Day (1881)
- Vermont - Admission Day (1791).
- Pennsylvania - Charter Day (1681).
- Wales - Feast day of Rhiannon, Celtic Moon Goddess.
- Feast day of Saint Placide Viel.
- Jacques Dupin: France Writer.
- Dick Savitt: American tennis player and champion of the Wimbledon Men's Singles in 1951.
- Philip Batt: 29th Governor of Idaho.
- Martin Walser: German writer, famous for describing the conflicts his anti-heroes have in his novels and stories.
- Richard Savitt: Bayonne sports Champions.
- Robert Di Domenica: Composer.
- Thayer David: Actor (Rocky, Roots, Savages), dies at 51.
- Robert Orben: American magician and author.
- Cy Touff: American trumpet player (d. 2003).
- Phil Batt: American soldier and politician 29th Governor of Idaho.
- Thayer David in Medford: Massachusetts, USA; actor (Eiger Sanction, Rocky, Nero Wolfe, Savages).
- A diamond rush in South Africa includes trained athletes that have been hired by major companies to stake claims.