Thursday 10 March 1927
It was Thursday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Paul Wunderlich and Donn Trenner in New Haven.
The Beloved Rogue, directed by Alan Crosland, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1927
while Elmer Gantry by Sinclair Lewis was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 10 March 1927!
Which were the important events of 10 March 1927 ?
- Saint Anastasia
- Saint Macharius (d.335)
- Saint John Ogilvie (died 1615)
- Saint Himelin
- Saint Blankaard
- Tibetian national Uprising day
- Fans of video game character Mario celebrate Mar10 Day, by singing songs about him, watching the movie and show, and playing Mario games.
- Doctors Day - (Venezuela).
- Paul Wunderlich: German lithographer / painter / sculptor.
- Donn Trenner in New Haven: Connecticut, USA; orchestra leader (ABC's Nightlife).
- Jupp Derwall: German soccer/football player and coach.
- Theodor Landscheidt: German attorney and Supreme Court Justice.
- Claude Laydu: Belgian born French actor and comedian.
- Dora Van der Groen: Belgian actress and theatre director.
- Vincent Cantoni: France sport Champion
- Barbara Sinatra: American socialite and businesswoman
- Albania mobilizes due to threat of Serbian, Croatian and Slovenes.
- Albania mobilizes in case of an attack by Yugoslavia.
- In New York City, the ''Roxy Theater'' is opened by Samuel Roxy Rothafel.
- The first armored car robbery is committed by the Flatheads Gang near Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?