Wednesday 23 March 1927
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Aries (see planets position on March 23, 1927). The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Mato Damjanovic and Osvaldo Lacerda.
Jingle Bells, directed by 3D Magic Factory, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1927
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 23 March 1927
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 March 1927!
Which were the important events of 23 March 1927 ?
- Saint Rebecca (d.1914)
- Roman Empire - Tubilustrium was held in honor of Mars.
- Ancient Latvia - Lieldienas held in honor of Mara and other pagan goddesses.
- Pakistan - National Day (Republic Day).
- Saint Turibius of Mongrovejo (died 1606)
- Saint Ethelwald
- Saint Victorian
- Roman Empire - The fifth and final day of Quinquatria, held in honor of Minerva.
- Osvaldo Lacerda: Composer.
- Mato Damjanovic: Croatian chess grandmaster (d. 2011).
- Raymond Maric: French author of comics, who died on 12 September 2005.
- Jacques Poly: French scientist, agronomist engineer, and geneticist, who was president and CEO of the National Institute for Agricultural Research.
- Kurt Semm: German gynecologist.
- Mato Damjanović: Croatian chess player (d. 2011).
- Paul Cesar Helleu: French artist (Born 1859).