Thursday 27 July 1939
It was Thursday, under the sign of Leo (see planets position on July 27, 1939). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Manuel Vázquez Montalbán and Serge Zapolsky.
In Name Only, directed by John Cromwell, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1939
On TV people were watching Trooping the Colour.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 27 July 1939
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 July 1939!
Which were the important events of 27 July 1939 ?
- Maldives - Independence Day, 2nd Day
- Vietnam - Memorial Day for War Martyrs
- Ancient Latvia - Septinu Guletaju Diena held
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 10 saints: St. Pantaleon
- St. Congall
- The Seven Sleepers, Saints Maximian
- Cuba - Revolution Day, 2nd Day
- St. Luican
- Manuel Vázquez Montalbán
- Serge Zapolsky
- Irv Cross: NFL sportscaster (CBS-TV).
- James McGee: Pathologist / Professor (Morbid Anatomy at Oxford).
- James Victor in Puerto Rico actor (Boulevard Night: Streets of LA).
- John Howard: Statesman.
- William Eggleston: American photographer and academic.
- Michael Longley: Irish poet and academic.
- Asta Scheib: German writer, screenwriter and editor.
- Bob Lilly: Athlete.
- The first recorded snowfall in Auckland, New Zealand since records began in 1853.