Friday 21 October 1988
It was Friday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Drew Woolnough and Cyrus Barrone.
In that special week of October people in US were listening to Groovy Kind Of Love by Phil Collins.
In UK One Moment In Time by Whitney Houston was in the top 5 hits.
Mystic Pizza, directed by Donald Petrie, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1988
while Generation Of Swine by Hunter S. Thompson was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Nana.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Advanced Dungeons & Dragons: Heroes of the Lance or Godzilla: Monster of Monsters!.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 October 1988!
Which were the important events of 21 October 1988 ?
- Republic of China - Overseas Chinese Day
- French Republican Calendar - Tonneau (Barrel) Day, thirtieth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- In the comic novel Good Omens by Neil Gaiman and Terry Pratchett, the Earth was born on this day in 4004 BC, within a quarter of an hour of 9 in the morning. This was supposedly because God liked to get things over with early.
- R.C. saints - Saint Ursula and her 11 (or 11000) virgins; Saint Hilarion
- Trafalgar Day ? celebrated throughout much of the British Empire in the 19th and early 20th Century.
- Also see October 21 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- International Day of the Nacho ? celebrated in the United States and Mexico since the early 1990s.
- Diwali in India (2006)
- Drew Woolnough: Bassist.
- Cyrus Barrone: Guitarist.
- Glen Powell: TV Actor.
- Blanca Suarez: Movie Actress.
- Ricki Olsen: Danish footballer.
- Daniel Schorn: Austrian cyclist
- Boston Celtics beat Yugoslavia 113-85 in Madrid, Spain.
- Ferdinand and Imelda Marcos indicted on racketeering charges.
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1988 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Phil Collins - Groovy Kind Of Love
- Red Red Wine '88 - UB40
- Information Society - What's On Your Mind (Pure Energy)
- Def Leppard - Love Bites
- The Escape Club - Wild, Wild West
- The Beach Boys - Kokomo
- Steve Winwood - Don't You Know What The Night Can Do?
- Bobby Brown - Don't Be Cruel
- Cheap Trick - Don't Be Cruel
- Kylie Minogue - The Loco-Motion
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?