Friday October 21, 1988
This day in 30 sec.
It was Friday, under the sign of Libra (see planets position on October 21, 1988). The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Mark Rendall and Drew Woolnough.
In that special week of October people in US were listening to Groovy Kind Of Love by Phil Collins.
In UK One Moment In Time by Whitney Houston was in the top 5 hits.
Red Scorpion, directed by Joseph Zito, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1988
while The Last Lion by William Manchester was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Dirty Dancing.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde or Decisive Battles of the American Civil War Volume 1: Bull Run to Chancellorsville.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 21 October 1988
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 October 1988!
Which were the important events of 21 October 1988 ?
- Republic of China - Overseas Chinese Day
- French Republican Calendar - Tonneau (Barrel) Day, thirtieth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- In the comic novel Good Omens by Neil Gaiman and Terry Pratchett, the Earth was born on this day in 4004 BC, within a quarter of an hour of 9 in the morning. This was supposedly because God liked to get things over with early.
- R.C. saints - Saint Ursula and her 11 (or 11000) virgins; Saint Hilarion
- Trafalgar Day ? celebrated throughout much of the British Empire in the 19th and early 20th Century.
- Also see October 21 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- International Day of the Nacho ? celebrated in the United States and Mexico since the early 1990s.
- Diwali in India (2006)
- Mark Rendall
- Drew Woolnough: Bassist.
- Cyrus Barrone: Guitarist.
- Glen Powell: TV Actor.
- Hope Hicks: Public Servant.
- Boston Celtics beat Yugoslavia 113-85 in Madrid, Spain.
- Ferdinand and Imelda Marcos indicted on racketeering charges.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1988 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Phil Collins - Groovy Kind Of Love
- Red Red Wine '88 - UB40
- Information Society - What's On Your Mind (Pure Energy)
- Def Leppard - Love Bites
- The Escape Club - Wild, Wild West
- The Beach Boys - Kokomo
- Steve Winwood - Don't You Know What The Night Can Do?
- Bobby Brown - Don't Be Cruel
- Cheap Trick - Don't Be Cruel
- Kylie Minogue - The Loco-Motion
Top #10 R&B songs
- Bobby Brown - My Prerogative
- Karyn White - The Way You Love Me
- New Edition - You're Not My Kind Of Girl
- Don't Rock The Boat - Midnight Star Feat. Ecstacy Of Whodini
- Luther Vandross - Any Love
- Anita Baker - Giving You The Best That I Got
- Kiara - The Best Of Me
- George Benson - Let's Do It Again
- Sade - Nothing Can Come Between Us
- Vanessa Williams - (He's Got) The Look
Top #10 Latin songs
- Angela Carrasco - BOCA ROSA
- SENTADO A LA VERA DEL CAMINO - EYDIE GORME Y ROBERTO CARLOS
- Franco - MARIA
- ESTE AMOR QUE HAY QUE CALLAR - Yolandita Monge
- QUE SERA - Emmanuel
- SI EL AMOR SE VA - Roberto Carlos
- Marisela - YA NO
- MALA NOCHE NO - Veronica Castro
- HAZME TUYA UNA VEZ MAS - Isabel Pantoja
- Es un alma en pena - Lucia Mendez
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?